Friday, October 2, 2009

My Love Stories - The Musical

I'm back!

After a long absence, I have managed to find the inspiration on this very special day to restart my blog.

Today is my 22nd Wedding Anniversary and while I celebrate this very special occasion with the loves of my life, my lovely wife and my 2 equally lovely daughters, it also brought back many wonderful memories of all the loves that I was fortunate enough to have had during my life. I still remember saying many years ago that my love stories are enough to write a book. But while I may never get to do that, I will however be able to share my stories here.

I'm a very sensitive and emotional person who would cry at movies and even over a sad song! Being such a sentimental person, it is no wonder why I was able to keep all the memories in a special part of my heart.

While most people would have bitter memories of their previous loves that went sour, I am lucky to continue having good relationship with all my exes although through times, we have lost contact and I have never attempted to try to contact them preferring to keep them in my heart rather than in my head.

People says that when you meet your true love, you can hear music and violins playing. In my case, it was more a case of songs and throughout my life, some songs have reminded me of specific events and sometimes, some events can best be described in certain songs that I've heard before. In today's blog, I will reminisce about my past loves and also the songs that best describe my feelings then and songs that has special meaning for me. So while you listen to an old man (i'm 52 now) talks about his many love stories, you'll be able to understand deeper my sentiments through the songs that have been specifically attached and linked, in what may be the very first 'musical blog'

I matured at a very young age and met my first love at the age of only 12! In the age of slow mail, it started innocently through letters that took forever. It was extremely exciting waiting for the postman to receive mails from a person that you like. The anticipation can be excruciating as you wonder whether there would be any response and the moment you receive 'that' letter, nothing can describe the joy.

My first love, my first kiss....
Every one will never forget their first kiss. When it happened, how it happened and what happened after. I remember my first kiss as clearly and as vividly as it happened over 35 years ago...

...it was about 10pm and I was talking to my then first girlfriend on my motorbike over the gate of her house. We were listening to the radio (no CD or MP3 then) and it was playing 'Without You by Nilsson' and all of a sudden, I kissed her on the lips. It wasn't a passionate kiss but rather a quick stolen kiss. I was in heaven but was brought down to earth with a huge 'thump' when the first thing she said immediate after was, "It's late now. You better go home". "What have I done?" On my very long, long 10 minutes ride home, I was worried that she would never see me again.. but she did and we were together for 7 years before we actually grew apart. It took me a full year to get over her and during this time, my feelings were best described in this song 'You are everything by The Stylistics'

My last love...
After my first love, I have been blessed to have been loved by many others. Blessed because being a man without the looks and the wealth, I should not have had so many women loving me when others would find it difficult to even find one in their lifetime. In fact, looking back, I have been loved by 10 wonderful women who showed me what love was all about and to each and everyone of them, I want to say "Thank You" for making my life so much more meaningful. To them, I dedicate this song..'To all the girls I loved before by Willie Nelson'

Sometimes, you look forever for love and it never comes while some are fortunate enough to have love come to them.

I met my last love, innocently enough without even dreaming that she would one day be my wife. Her beauty and her somewhat innocent personality was what attracted me first. I would admire her from afar with no other intentions. There's a saying that "there's someone for everyone" which is call 'Fate' and Fate played a huge lending hand in our relationship by having her worked in my friend's place which I visit almost everyday. Through this casual acquaintance , she gets to slowly understand me as a person and our first outing was to a local discotheque with mutual friends. It wasn't even a date as I was trying to set her up for a good friend of mind. Why? Because at that time, I was already attached to another women. Fate made a twisted move and we grew to like each other. When I hear the song 'It's sad to belong' by England Dan & John Ford Coley' it brings back all the memories of this fateful event. Much as I tried to breakaway from this relationship, it seemed fated that we belong to each other and eventually, I broke up with my then fiance. It seems cruel and although it wasn't a happy relationship, I still feel sad and sorry for her and I could understand how she would have felt through this song by Barbra Streisand - 'Left in the dark'. It was a heartbreaking period for me and I found it extremely difficult to break off the relationship until I heard a song that would changed my life forever. Another song by Barbra Streisand - 'Heart, Don't Change My Mind' . That song made me strong enough to decide to break off totally ( like everyone else, we broke and made up a few times).

Today, it has been 25 years together with my wife (3 years together before we got married) and in these 25 years, she gave me a wonderful home with 2 wonderful daughters. She gave me only laughters and happy memories. We gave each other all that we have just like the song ' Because you love me' by Celine Dion. We took a journey together that was filled with uncertainties, sometimes with sadness but we never break down because she was there to give me strength and support which are always there when I needed them. Many times, I find that she is much stronger than me but I have become a better person because of her. Listen to Kenny Roger's 'You decorated my life' and you'll know what I meant. Would I ever love another again ieven f a better one comes along? My answer is "why should I?" I already have what I wished for and when your dream comes true, you are blessed and I am blessed for each and every day I spent with her and hope that we will be together again in our next life because no matter how long we are together in this lifetime, it is still not enough.

Today, on our 22nd wedding anniversary, I want to tell my last love.... Darling, Thank You and I Love You Till Eternity. I have no diamonds or expensive gifts to give but just a simple love song that comes from my heart and soul......
'Through The Years'


No comments: